A. Water Connection Fees:
The Authority will not provide a free water tap. The Authority will install a service connection to the property line of the user. The service connections and meters are the property of the Authority and only duly authorized employees or agents of the Authority are to install and maintain them.
1. Tap Fees for Residential Customers:
|Meter Size||Total Service||Meter Only|
Charges for larger meters will be based on actual cost.
2. Tap Fees for Industrial/Commercial Customers where the Authority installs the tap, meter and all associated appurtenances:
|Meter Size||Total Service|
|3”||$3,000.00 + cost of materials|
|4”||$5,000.00 + cost of materials|
|6”||$10,000.00 + cost of materials|
|8”||$16,000.00 + cost of materials|
3. Tap Fees for Industrial/Commercial Customers where the Customers installs the tap, meter and all associated appurtenances:
|Meter Size||Tap Fee|
4. Tap Fees for Industrial/Commercial Customers where the Customer installs the tap, and all associated appurtenances, but purchases the meter from the Authority
Meter Size Tap Fee
3/4 “ Actual Cost of Meter + $100 processing fee
1 “ Actual Cost of Meter + $100 processing fee
2 “ Actual Cost of Meter + $100 processing fee
3 “ Actual Cost of Meter + $100 processing fee
4 “ Actual Cost of Meter + $100 processing fee
6 “ Actual Cost of Meter + $100 processing fee
8 “ Actual Cost of Meter + $100 processing fee
5. Charges for I/C meters larger than 8” will based on actual cost and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
6. Other Fees:
Other fees to be charged as appropriate in accordance with this schedule and prevailing market conditions of supplies, contractors, and any other related cost. Water taps that involve special conditions such as removal of pavement, concrete sidewalks, and any other special or unique installation will be charged for the actual cost of installation.
Water meter will be placed at the property line of the user’s property. The Authority will have the final decision as to the location. In areas of heavy traffic, congestion, and/or large services, the meter may be located on a user’s property such that it would not be exposed to damage. Customers may be charged for damaged meters at the discretion of the Authority.
B. Edgefield/Johnston/Trenton Sewer Connection Fees:
The Authority will not provide free sewer taps. The Authority will install a service connection to the property line of the user. The service connections are the property of the Authority and only duly authorized employees or agents of the Authority are to install and maintain them.
|Tap Size||Total Service|
|6″||Actual Cost – not less than $2,000.00|
|8″||Actual Cost – not less than $2,000.00|
Sewer taps that involve special conditions such as removal of pavement, concrete sidewalks, and any other special or unique installation will be charged for the actual cost of installation. An inspection of the sewer connection by the County Inspector is required when the plumber has made his connection to the sewer service prior to backfilling.
C. Regional Sewer System Connection Fees:
The Authority will not provide free sewer taps. The Authority will install a service connection (service force main) to the property line of the user. The service connections are the property of the
Authority and only authorized agents of the Authority are to install and maintain them.
- Tap Fee = Actual Cost
- Other Fees = To be charged as appropriate in accordance with this schedule.
D. Fire Protection Service Fees:
- Installation of fire hydrant = Actual Cost
E. No Impact Fees for Commercial, Industrial or Residential Customers within Service Area of Authority
F. Delegated Review Fees: ( Sewer System)
- Charge for ECWSA = $425.00
- Charge for SCDHEC = $ 75.00
Total = $500.00
- Aiken County Capacity Fee = $564.60 per 1,000 gallons per day.
G. Security Deposits:
- Owner Deposit Water System = $60.00
- Owner Deposit Sewer System = $40.00
- Rental Deposit Water System = $80.00
- Rental Deposit Sewer System = $40.00
Transfer of Deposit:
- Good Payment History – no more than 2 penalties in a 12-month period.
- Must pay current bill and $25.00 Administrative Fee.
- No Deposit on account or less than 12-month history must pay new deposit.
- Must show proof of ownership or must pay rental deposit.
H. Administrative Fee:
- Water and Sewer Systems = $25.00
- Meter Reading Recheck Fee = $25.00
I. Sampling Fees:
- Bacteriological Test = $100.00 each
J. Water Main Extension Fees:
- Customer requests line extension from ECWSA by phone or in person or in writing.
- The Authority evaluates the feasibility of the line extension. This consists of examining existing plans, the future plans of customer, and an on-site evaluation of the proposed project.
- The Authority will charge all customers a flat fee of $5.00 per linear foot on all line extensions less than 5,000 LF, regardless of pipe size. All line extensions less than 5,000 LF require the approval of the Administrator. This will include engineering, materials, permitting and installation.
- All line extensions greater than 5,000 LF require Board approval prior to the Authority accepting payment from the customer or customers. If approval is granted, the customer is responsible for paying to the Authority the $5.00/LF cost upfront. The Authority is then responsible for obtaining a contractor, an engineer, permits and materials to install the water main extension.
- The Authority will also charge each customer a fee of not less than $3,500.00 for engineering and permitting. On any project longer than 5,000 LF, the customer will be responsible for the actual cost of engineering and permitting.
- Any special conditions or situations (such as boring, easements, creek crossings, etc) noted during the evaluation phase shall be the sole financial responsibility of the customer, and will not be included in the $5.00/LF base price. This determination will be made by Authority personnel. These costs shall also be paid prior to the contracting of any engineer.
- Developers, Real Estate Companies, and any other entity that is not specifically a private individual or a group of private individuals who are requesting the line extension for their personal or family use and consumption, will be responsible for the full cost of all line extensions.
- The customer will be given a written price quote. This quote is good for thirty days. When the Authority receives payment in full for the line extension, an engineering firm of the Authority’s choosing will be selected to begin the design and permitting process. All lines shall be installed according to ECWSA specifications and requirements.
- All tap fees will be paid for separately from the line extension payments. Once the line is installed and permitted by SCDHEC, ECWSA owns the water line and any additional tap fees will be the Authority’s and no portion of these fees will be refunded to the customer(s) that originally paid for the line extension.
- The Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority Board will evaluate and change the $5.00/LF price at any time to reflect increases or decreases in materials and engineering, pending Board approval.
- Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority reserves the right to decline the extension of any water main that may conflict with the best interests of the Authority. All approved line extensions will be installed on the Authority’s schedule, not to conflict with prior agreements or arraignments.
- Once an approval to place into operation or a permit to operate has been issued by SCDHEC, Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority will be the sole owner, and will be entirely responsible for all operation and maintenance, as well as being the sole recipient of any and all present or future revenues.
- The Edgefield County Water and Sewer Authority Board of Directors has final authority on any and all line extensions, and may grant variances to this policy at their discretion
*If the Customer cancels their request for the line extension at any time during the process, they will be refunded their money, minus any expenses (engineering, permitting, etc.) the Authority has incurred to date.
K. Outside Holding Tank Waste:
- ECWSA will not accept outside holding tank waste effective 07/01/2015
CHANGE OF LOCATION OR SIZE OF SERVICE AND METERS AND SEWER SERVICE
A. Should a user desire to change the location of a water or sewer service serving a
particular property to another location on the same property, the Authority will move the service at the user’s expense based on fee’s listed below:
¾” = $425.00
1” = $525.00
Larger Meters Actual Cost
B. Should the Authority desire to move or improve a water or sewer service to provide better service to the user, then the Authority will bear the expense of moving the service.
C. A user desiring to increase the size of water service will receive $ 100 credit off the price of a new tap fee. All other sizes will require payment of a complete new tap fee.
D. A water service or sewer service can not be transferred from one property to another.